Our district was lucky enough to be granted some funds for technology integration activities.   We can tool 20 teachers on a $800 budget for each.   Classrooms already have doc cameras, digital projectors, and new workstations ... so we are looking at ideas to get to the next level.     Please share ideas on peripherals that have been successful in your experience.  Many thanks!

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with Katy that the Wiimote is the way to go. I use one and it travels well. Plus, I'm able to use both on hard surfaces and screen pull-downs if need be (like a library). We put our Wiimote inside a clear shoebox and cut foam around it to make it secure. It's great and very cost-effective.

Then like Katy said, take some of that money and put it towards some Flip Cameras. I would then make sure you save some money on PD. Hire and bring in someone that will show you HOW to use the technology purchases in a meaningful way. I'm not talking about a how-to-use only session....but one that shows a strategy that can be actionable right-away for your teachers.

We do trainings like that and I think it would benefit your teachers as it could marry tech hardware, web 2.0 sites, and interactive pedagogy.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service