Hello,

I have an amazing group of 21 4th grade students. Each student has a laptop and I am interested in giving them a collaboration experience. It can be a short term simple experience or it can be a school year partnership. I have a few ideas and welcome yours. If there is anyone out there willing to email, blog, and or design a project send me an email. ShavonLouis@gmail.com or ShavonLouis@mac.com

I look forward to hearing from our future friends!

Thanks,
Shavon

Some possible ideas (some from epals):
1. The Way We Are - What makes me who I am? In this project, students will engage in a collaborative learning experience. Through email exchanges, students learn about the daily lives, cultures, climates and geography of children who live in other regions of the world.

2. Maps - Why in the world would you need more than one map of the same location? In this project, students will learn to use three different types of maps (physical, climate, political) to gather information about where their ePals live. Students will participate in email exchanges focusing on how geographic location impacts their partners' daily lives.

3. Global Warming - How can we help to save our planet from global warming? In this project, students learn about the effects of global warming and ways to reduce its effects on our planet. Through email exchanges, students collaborate on ways kids around the globe can make a difference.

Again these are just suggestions and nothing is set in stone.

Tags: blogging, collaboration, distance, emailing, epal

Views: 14

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service