All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (17)

← Back to Elementary Reading Teachers
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What's New In Children's Lit?

So, have you read any new outstanding children's literature? If so, please SHARE!   I just got the picture book Miss Brooks Loves Books (an…

Started by Michelle TeGrootenhuis

13 Jul 26, 2013
Reply by Sharron Sims

IRA awards for teachers/researchers using ePals or In2Books - deadline Nov. 15

To honor the memory of Erwin and Esther Zolt, a life-long elementary classroom teacher, IRA announces three grants/award to support teacher…

Started by Dr. Rita Oates

0 Aug 27, 2012

What Reading Series Do You Use?

Just wondering what reading basal (if any) you all use in your classrooms and what are your thoughts on the it. Also, do you go story, by s…

17 Jun 20, 2012
Reply by Kim Sullivan

Best web sites for reading

Hi there! I was curious what web sites you send your students to? I usually recommend funbrain and yahooligans, but are there other sites y…

Started by MsLisaKate

12 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by Abbie Struchtemeyer

Sharing units...

Okay, so, I'm WAY over my head right now with my "to do" list! One of the most pressing things on that list is the creation of a new shared…

4 Apr 2, 2010
Reply by Michelle TeGrootenhuis

Book Whisperer Discussion--Novel Units?

Hi all! As many of you know, I'm very excited about the new book by Donalyn Miller called The Book Whisperer! It really is an ENJOYABLE rea…

5 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by Judy Foster

The Book Whisperer--Favorite Quotes

My copy of the book is highlighted and sticky-noted beyond belief so I thought another good discussion thread to start would be some of you…

6 Aug 1, 2009
Reply by Michelle TeGrootenhuis

Summer 2009 Professional Reading

Okay, the business of the school year and sotball/baseball season is now behind me and I have a few weeks during which I feel like I can ta…

6 Jul 24, 2009
Reply by Lyndsay

Readicide author interview

Dearest group members, I contacted Kelly Gallagher, the author of the new book "Readicide". Look for the interview in the next couple of we…

Started by Bobby

0 May 11, 2009

DRA

So, I'm wondering how many of you use the DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment) as a reading assessment with all of your students and HOW…

15 Nov 14, 2008
Reply by Ireen Sullivan

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service