Hi all,

I am preparing for a presentation at the Illinois Computing Educators conference at the end of the month. I am looking for examples of how science teachers are currently using web 2.0 tools to achieve science standards. If anyone can share examples of student work (wikis, blogs, google docs, etc) or just ways in which your students are using these collaboration tools, I'd greatly appreciate it!

FYI - I am a former high school physics/math teacher and am currently an instructional designer for a community college. I miss teaching A LOT...especially now that all these great resources exist on the Internet.

Thank you,
Heather

Views: 224

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much! These are great!
I use a wiki in Wikispaces for my classes to study Sustainability. Part 1, groups create an operational definition for their part of Sustainability. Part 2, teams develop a way to measure one aspect of our schools sustainability. Part 3, groups measure and tell their results. Important part of the use of this tool are the discussions going on in the background on discussion tabs and the ease in creating and connecting new pages.
The link is http://heesustain.wikispaces.com/ecsustain

Use the navigation going down the side for other parts of the project

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service