Good morning,
One of my districts is interested in using Second Life and is at the VERY beginning stages of implementation.  The Superintendent asked me if anyone has every considered obtaining parental permission for these environments.  My first thought was that this is or should be covered by the Computer/Network Acceptable Use Policy.  He further added reasons why this might require additional permission.

Therefore....I am wondering if anyone out there has developed or is developing a permission slip for students to visit a virtual world whether it be during the school day or after school hours? 

Thank you for your help.

Bill

Tags: aup, life, permission, second

Views: 163

Replies to This Discussion

There is a requirement within the SL Terms of Service that anyone not on the Teen Grid be at least 18 years of age. So I don't see how even parental permission slips would get around this. It's in section 2 of the ToS under "Eligibility to Use Second Life" and states: "By accepting this Agreement in connection with an Account (other than for Teen Second Life), you represent that you are at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority where you reside if that jurisdiction has an older age of majority, and you have the legal authority to enter into this Agreement."
Thanks Christina. Sounds like his best bet would be to use the Teen Grid. I haven't used that but I imagine is very well protected.
Can teacher hears our pain running school in a rural area of Nepal? We are losing 3 classrooms and have to build 3 more classrooms within Middle of this April. I'm trying to find 15 donors who can at least donate $100 each. plz give me ur feedback as soon as possible. Hope you all love to educate children for better future of better world.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service