Sharing a blog post:6 Powerful Google Docs Features to Support the Collaborative Writin.... I have found this to be a great way to set the tone for digital writing and open the doors for increased interest in Tech Integration all around. If anyone out there is using Google Docs for writing and research, I'd love to hear your suggestions and thoughts.

Views: 144

Replies to This Discussion

I love using Google Docs for writing with my previous sixth grade class.  They were able to work collaboratively on a document for setting the tone for a class debate.  They were also able to peer edit each other's work using comments.  This eliminated a lot of paper work because they could just share the document with me and I can also see the revision history, which enables me to see who worked on each section of a document.  Thank you so much for sharing the blog post.  

Hey Patricia. It is a small world! Another feature I like about Google Docs is the ability for students to access it on any device. We use Apple products, but it doesn't matter. If they have a computer, they can use the Google Suite.

Google Docs changed my instruction. In my Pre-AP and world literature classes we do a great deal of collaborative work. Google Docs can be used while students interact in group setting, sit at their desks, or work at home. They can create the document or simply use the comment bar. 

I watch The Teaching Channel all the time. David Olio's Critical Friends: Collaborating as Writers is a great lesson. I adapted it for a study on The Scarlet Letter, using Google Docs.  If students are working collaboratively, Google Docs is the way to go.

I would agree with Patricia. The revision history is a terrific feature. When students are working collaboratively, I can see what each member of the group is contributing.  My students tell me it is like Orwell's Big Brother.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service