Time: June 18, 2009 to June 19, 2009
Location: Harrisburg University of Science & Technology
Street: 326 Market Street
City/Town: Harrisburg, PA
Website or Map: http://www.leef2009.net
Event Type: face-to-face, conference
Organized By: Harrisburg University
Latest Activity: May 15, 2009
LEEF is an interactive professional development event that will showcase game, simulation and virtual world case studies and explore the benefits of, and business case for, games and simulations for learning and performance.
Learn more about case studies from ACS Learning Services, Cisco, Forterra Systems, Deep End Interactive, Enspire Learning, ExperiencePoint, Humentum, NexLearn, ViaVivo and Visual Purple on the event web site - http://www.harrisburgu.net/LEEF2009/index.php?q=node/23
Clark Aldrich is the keynote presenter on June 18.
Early registration discount ends May 18.
This event is for:
- Training and development professionals
- e-Learning designers and developers
- Educators and instructors
- Game designers and developers
- And, anyone who wants to explore the possibilities of how games and simulations can be used to impact learning and performance
Learn from case studies of projects that have been implemented
- Design eLearning programs that are interactive and immersive
- Increase engagement using new techniques and tools
- Improve outcomes and effectiveness of education and training projects
- Integrate entertainment and gaming principles with learning and performance initiatives
- Explore best practices for evaluating and measuring the ROI from games and simulations
Please let me know if you have any questions about the event. I hope to see you there.
The schedule for the two-day event, set for June 18-19, will include more than a dozen case study presentations that explore and analyze the use of games, simulations, virtual worlds and console games for learning and performance. With titles ranging from Consultative Sales in a Virtual World to Developing Entrepreneurship with Series Games, each 2-hour case study session will include a high-level overview of the project, hands-on engagement, and group analysis of how to apply the project’s best practices and lessons learned.