The goal of this course is to develop teachers’ understanding of and competencies in technology-enabled global education. Using TIGed’s online forums as a basis, we will explore why global education is so vital currently, and how to develop authentic and transformative global experiences for students.
In particular, teachers will be exposed to the following key areas:
- Foundational strategies and pedagogies for effective global educational design
- Project-Based and Inquiry-Based Learning principles as applied to student-driven global learning and leadership development
- Key e-technologies behind authentic, humanizing approaches to global education, particularly TIG and TIGed tools which can be used to empower students as learners and leaders
- Interdisciplinary approaches which enrich students’ experiences, helping them see the interconnectedness of our borderless global challenges
- Global partnership development, including the value of developing collaborative learning relationships between classrooms and schools, and strategies for navigating the challenges
- Methods for connecting students with existing global and local organizations for partnerships and real-world action
- Methods for shifting school thought to create a culture of critical thinking and global leadership, in which students feel empowered to address controversial issues and engage in creating change
- Examples of effective global learning projects and how to assess project success
- Assessing student learning in global learning projects, both in global competencies and traditional academic benchmarks
Register for this course by visiting tigurl.org/ecourses today!