All Discussions Tagged 'internet' (47)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BLOCKED!

I completely understand the reasons why internet filters are in place in schools, I do. However, I feel as if our district blocks WAY too m…

Started by Stu

2 Feb 5, 2009
Reply by Martha

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE 5 WEBSITES FOR TEACHING?

Hi Again! I would like to know what 5 websites or interent tools you consider your favourite and why. I aim to include some reference to th…

Started by Paula

35 Jan 20, 2009
Reply by Paula

Education sites in one place

I am working on developing an educator site that has a main focus of gathering different education sites and web 2.0 tools to help teachers…

Started by Angelina

10 Jan 16, 2009
Reply by greg

Online Guitar Lessons

The best way to start learning guitar is by using lessons that you can download online. The best online guitar lessons include written, aud…

Started by garryhill123

4 Jan 15, 2009
Reply by Sanjib Kumar Parida

What does privacy mean to students of the Net Generation?

I have been doing some reading online and have wondered what the definition of privacy is for students who have always grown up with access…

Started by leewin

1 Dec 31, 2008
Reply by leewin

How to coax administrators and parents who challenge blogs?

I am looking for ideas -- research, anecdotes, and advice -- about how to coax my district into allowing me to set up a classroom blog. If…

Started by Donna Hebert

19 Dec 18, 2008
Reply by Derek Baird

Another Award for Adina's Deck

Adina's Deck, The Pilot Episode, received more winning recognition. Last year it won "Best Student Film" at the International Family Film F…

Started by Tony Varni

0 Oct 23, 2008

Why do School Curricula Ignore the History of Computing and the Internet?

(Cross-posted on my blog). I was struck by this question at a recent visit to the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, CA. Kitty-corn…

Started by Shuchi Grover

7 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by Poolboy

Internet Safety and Gaming Meeting with NYC Mayor's Office

Hello Classroom 2.0 Community, I just learned that I have a meeting with the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice tomorrow to collaborate on…

Started by Lisa Nielsen

12 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Tom Welch

Adina's Deck Episodes 2 and 3 - available soon!

You may be interested in the film series, Adina's Deck ( www.adinasdeck.com ) which is perfect for the increasingly more tech-savvy middle…

Started by Tony Varni

0 Aug 30, 2008

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service