All Discussions Tagged 'English' (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need creative, out-of-the-box, zany ideas on teaching a unit on SURVIVAL to Intermediate ELLs:)

I am about to launch a unit on survival with my high school intermediates (kids who "sound" fluent, but struggle with reading and writing).…

Started by Denise Stewart

9 Mar 17, 2010
Reply by John Altieri

Second Life and ELLs..How could this virtual world community encourage kids to speak English?

I just discovered Second Life from the Virtual World community in www.classroom20.com.  I have only just created an avatar and can't wait t…

Started by Denise Stewart

0 Mar 5, 2010

Any Tech Ideas For an English-Teacher-To-Be?

Hi everyone! No doubt this question has been posited in some form or another, but I'm quite new here (and new to the teaching profession,…

Started by Sylvia

12 Feb 25, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Speaking activities for Online EFL class

I know this is probably not a new topic but hey, I'm still a newbie here :-) I'd like to know about your experiences when teaching Speaking…

Started by Cesar

1 Feb 23, 2010
Reply by Nick Kenyeres

Open Distance English Language Training Workshop

In an effort to make professional development a more open and dynamic learning experience, I have scheduled an open distance English langua…

Started by Benjamin Stewart

0 Jan 19, 2010

Reading Levels. How do you find them?

I'm actually not even a teacher yet, but I'm getting very close! Teaching reading when there are different reading levels in your class is…

Started by Rachel Rolfsmeier

57 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Jessica Eitzen

Popular ESL podcast for students and teachers alike

Hi guys. I make an ESL podcast with my brother aimed at intermediate to advanced students. We have received over 2 million downloads and ha…

Started by Andrew Best

1 Nov 2, 2009
Reply by YU-Lin Lai

ENGLISH MATERIALS ...

www.antmihai.blogspot.com

Started by mihai

0 Sep 12, 2009

Why D.O.L. Doesn't Work

Why do we continue to teach grammar and mechanics with a strategy that simply does not work? Why do we force students to rehearse errors an…

Started by Mark Pennington

4 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Debbie Tanner

Teaching a language per se or making people aware of and appreciate others' cultures?

Yesterday, I was having a coffee with a colleague, a teacher of French at the same school. We were chatting about many things. But, there w…

Started by tarak brahmi

8 Aug 5, 2009
Reply by tarak brahmi

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service