Hi folks
i have been off the grid for awhile. December and January are two of my busiest months. Here is my question:
I was given some money to purchase either Nova 500o's or eee pc for our Junior High. Does anyone have any experience with eithr of these machines. i am really interested in the science probe function of the Nova 5000 too.
Thanks

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These are two pretty different devices, I would say. The Nova is more focused on specific purposes -- science and math in particular. It runs an older version of Microsoft's Pocket PC software (and as such, will only run apps written for that). The eeePC is a mo0re of a general purpose device, running Linux or Windows. It is good for many general applications, such as web browsing, word processing, video, audio, etc.

If your primary application is science probe use, the Nova might be a good choice. (I am not aware of any science probes that interface to the eeePC right now, but they are probably on the way.) If you are interested in more general applications, I'd take a look at the eeePC (or some of the other new inexpensive laptops coming out like the MSI Wind.).

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service