Excellent idea! I added my own EFL / ESL voicethreads. Lots more too and I'll return. We had a nice thread about 4 months ago here and I listed many sterling examples of educational voicethreads. Here are some .
Fantastic! I want to show other teachers at my school how they can use voicethread and will use your wiki as a place to go to to get started!!
I recently tried out voicethread with my online students - Career studies (ontario curriculum) and they were asked to comment on the changes in communication and technology. http://voicethread.com/#q.b249375.i1301986
Here is a link to a Voicethread I used in my class, both on my website, www.barnesclass.com, and with my interactive white board. It is a presentation that demonstrates how to complete a project. Let me know if you need any further information.
Bill Ferriter, an insightful blogger over at the Tempered Radical, has been discussing the ideas presented in Kelly Gallagher's new book, Readicide. This is an excellent example of how voicethread can be used for professional development. If you go to his blog you can download the book and join the conversation via voicethread.
Hi Colette- are you still collecting? I've made 17 voicethreads for my English for Friendship & Fun (online) EFL class. As I went on, I started to include more video clips and mp3 files in my voicethreads. Here is one of my favorites:
Thanks for the samples everyone. The VoiceThread wiki is open to anyone who wants to submit their projects. Go to http://voicethread4education.wikispaces.com/ and follow the directions on the main page to learn how to add yours to the wiki.
Directions for posting Voicethreads and links:
1. Choose the appropriate grade page to embed your Voicethread.
2. Select "Edit this page"
3. Write a short summary of the Voicethread.
4. Click on the "Embed Widget" icon and choose "Other HTML".
5. Go to the "Embed" feature of your Voicethread and copy the HTML code for the smaller version of the Voicethread. Paste this HTML code into the Wikispace widget.
6. Note: You must change your Voicethread to "public" if you want others to comment on the project.
7. Please also copy a direct link to the Voicethread page.
8. Save the Wikispace page.
9. We can now view the examples on the Wikispace page or we can choose the link and go directly to Voicethread.
10. If you want to add a comment to a project, make sure your correct identity is chosen before you add a text, audio or webcam message.