I often use this scenario to generate thinking among educational leaders. I offer it to you..
Myself and 100 families live on a newly developed island and the parents have decided that it's time to consider preparing their kids for the future. We pool our resources and hire you to design our approach to educating children on the island. You have unlimited resources but to keep your job you must meet these challenges:
1. Prepare kids for the workplace of today and tomorrow
2. Ensure kids have a realistic and functional view of the world, past and present.
3. Make the world available to kids who live on an island
4. Allow kids to learn according to their best strengths
5. Be accountable for properly preparing children
You can do anything you want to..what will you do?