Last night we celebrated the first birthday of Classroom 2.0 by having a little "working" celebration online where we: got new set of volunteers to be CR 2.0 "greeters," determined we would start an open advisory panel call once a month, and brainstormed some fun ideas for using Elluminate to allow for more specific real-time discussions.

After that my wife and I took our kids bowling to celebrate... :)

A big thanks to all of you who have found ways to contribute to this community, and have made it a great place to connect with others interested in education and collaborative technologies.

Steve

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats to Steve for having the foresight to get this space going a year ago!

It's been interesting to watch it develop over the last year .. evolving from a couple hundred people who didn't talk to each other into the vibrant and active community that it is today.

Here's to another interesting year!
Yes, and thanks to you for being one of the early "instigators," and for remembering the birthday! :)
Happy Birthday to Classroom 2.0!

Since I joined last summer, I've learned, shared, and been inspired. I really think this is a community that will only get better with age :) Thanks to Steve for starting it, and thanks to all those who stepped up early on. Many of us feel alone in our local efforts, but here we can collaborate with the like-minded and those who challenge our preconceived notions. Looking forward to another great year!

Adina
lol, I wondered why there was a huge burst of "hellos" to new people today. Happy Birthday to us.
This group has been great. Since I discovered it last April, that "I love using computers in class but I must be the only person like that in the world" feeling has all but vanished. Now I know that there are least 6,000 more people at least as crazy as me. :)
A huge thank you to Steve for this wonderful ning site. Classroom20 started me on my journey and allowed me to learn about and choose wisely the web2.0 tools that could be used in my classroom. I teach in a small p-12 rural school in Victoria, Australia and as such, being the only information technology teacher, am often isolated, unable to attend pd sessions (held 3 1/2) hrs away. Now, instead of being a small, isolated school, my students and I have been placed in the midst of the globe. The friends I have made, the global projects we have been involved in has made this classroom, my number one choice. Happy birthday Classroom2.0 and thanks for being there for me.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service