Developing practical programs, ideas, resources for students learning safe and appropriate skills when using WEB2.0 applications

Hi, I'm wanting to collate a variety of resources to share, use, ultimately to design some web safety programs... I find it is very difficult to reach every student, my goal is to create a variety of stuff... to try to cater to individuals. I'm happy to post and share what I create... I believe in collaboration...

I feel there is a huge need in our curriculums to cater for this area now... some students are already living their 'second lives' on line... and we need to try to guide them in appropriate and safe directions. I also feel their is a need to educate colleagues who are not aware of what their students are doing in their 'second life' as well as guiding parents!

I use youtube a lot, and find this very effective, often even as a brief starter to my lessons... I also do on-going discussions with my students regarding their blogs and bebo etc... All my students are required to have blogs in my classes. Feel free to check out our blogs... we are only just getting them going, with the start of a new year, and I am blown away at how easy it is to engage students to learn through this method!

So I'd love some support, ideas, contributions, some people who are as interested in this as I am to work with would be great...

Tags: WEB2.0, blogs, cyberbullying, esafety, wiki

Views: 22

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service