In my opinion, Twitter is a killer social networking app. Its easy to use, fun & unobtrusive. There are no doubt numerous ways to respond in no more than 140 characters to Twitter's perennial question: What are you doing?
Well, here's another way to Tweet! In case you didn't know its possible to post messages to Twitter using your Skype account & also receive updates from those you follow.
There's actually a Skype bot that, with the right instructions, will post to your Twitter account. Here's how...
1. Login to your Skype account
2. Add twitter4skype as a contact
3. Type the following as a SINGLE (this is important) chat message to twitter4skype:
4. The system should return: twitter4skype Registration complete!
5. The next time you type a chat message to twitter4skype, the entry will appear on your Twitter account and you’ll receive Twitter updates from those you follow via Skype
Note: the twitter4skype contact add & registration confirmation are two separate processes. Skype may not respond instantly. In my case, each process took a day or so > i was good to go in about 48h
Get started with Twitter: create an account @ http://twitter.com
Download Skype for free @ http://skype.com
Happy Tweets ;p
ps. want to learn more?! feel free to follow me @ http://twitter.com/mylearningspace