I am planning on creating a yearly plan for our third grade curriculum and I was wondering if anyone had any software ideas to accomplish this. I have looked at timelines but they don't really allow for attaching files. I want to be able to visualize the year and then be able to see it in smaller sections, i.e., month, week, day.

Any ideas?

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you seen Mnemograph?
Yes, The only flaw I have with it is that it can't be printed. Mnemograph is what gave me the idea in the first place.
I've created some software that does something similar, not exactly what your after but close, I don't know of anything that does what you want. Unfortunitly, I haven't packaged it up for release, theres no user interface yet.

Teacher inputs their timetable, classes, student names, unusual days (sport carnivals, public holidays, etc) and it outputs a PDF for printing & binding. A few teachers around my school have been using it for their lesson planner and attendance tracker.

Here are a couple of demo links to an older version of it: Lessons, Assessment

Development has stagnated because I cant think of an angle to market it or whether a large enough number of people would even find it useful. However, the idea of using the technology to solve other problems such as yours would be interesting.

Cheers,
Richard

Tiny Rock - Simple and Useful Software for Teachers
Monkey - Clever Groups
Termites - Clever Seating Plans
Litmus - Literacy Server (sneak peak)
Thanks, yeah that is the same premise. Just larger scale. The general idea for me is that I am very forgetful and would find it useful to have a general plan for the entire year. Also in the states there are many schools moving to PLC, Professional Learning Community. One of the concepts is teaching the same thing at the same time and then creating common assessments to see how each teacher is doing in their classroom. Having a tool like this would make that much easier. Especially if you could add your assessments as an artifact, sort of like a working curriculum. That would be marketable.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service