I hear Second Life can be a useful education tool. Is anyone using SL? I teach high school and I would like to do some more stuff that kids can relate to. I'm looking for any useful information and ideas.

Tags: education, life, second

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

SL is NOT appropriate for high schoolers (too many "mature" areas and weird people)- anyway - you must be 18 to sign up. There is a version called TeenSL. Info can be found at http://teen.secondlife.com/ but they don't allow adults.

From their website:
Only teens between the ages of 13 and 17 are allowed in (there is a separate version of Second Life for adults) so other than Linden Lab’s staff, Linden Liaisons, who are there to make Teen Second Life a safe and pleasant place to be, teens will interact with other teens their own age. Occasionally we may bring in teachers for special educational projects as well.

SL is being used as an educational tool in college but not HS.
Thank you for the info. Brenda
Thanks for the info. I have an account and have been using it. I can now leave orientation island.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service