I host a group in Flickr called "Reinventing Project-Based Learning". I invite you to visit or join! In the interest of making the most of this app I'd like to know how creative folks are putting Flickr or other photosharing services to work.
Here's my current fave: When I do a pbl workshop I set our rpbl group's pictures rolling as a slideshow for people to view as they enter the room and get settled. I start the day asking in reference to the sideshow 'What did you notice? What do you wonder?' Right away we're talking about all the things that matter... What real projects look like, how a group of educators contributing to the shared site causes something bigger to emerge...
Here's one pic that always gets a smile.
Portable park
Portable Park
How do you use Flickr?

Tags: flickr, photosharing

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is one of the coolest things I've seen done with flickr, hotspots. Here is Jane Goodall's desk, did I originally see this from you? If so, I'll share it with others. I also love the Bears With Ill-Fitting Hats .
Yes yes, the Jane Goodall diorama by Sophie is a famous contribution to the RPBL photosharing group (it's in our book, too ;). It was added by Portland principal Tim Lauer. I've seen art criticism w/ Flickr notes before but the link you show is great. I'm tagging it as a fave. How do you use Bears with Ill-Fitting Hats to talk about Flickr? It illustrates folksonomy, or 'parse the web any way you like', doesn't it? Thanks, Nancy!
Sorry to say, as of today, I don't use flickr. It is one of the few sites that is permanently blocked by my district. I went to the "top" in my district to fight to have it unlocked since there are dozens of other photo sharing sites that are not blocked. I was turned down, I think there may have been a specific issue regarding that site. I didn't continue the fight.
That hotspots program is incredible. The Jane Goodall's is absolutely brilliant. I love the bears too. The visuals add so much to the pbl info for us visual learners.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service