Hi!
I have some students working on videos in movie maker, however, whenever the come back to continue, pictures and videos in the collections have a big red "x" over them and can no longer be used. What is causing this and how can I stop it from doing this? Thanks!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My experience with MovieMaker is that is works the best when you save files to the local C Drive. It doesn't like networked files and you can't change which PC you work on - on the network. When you import the file into MovieMaker, I think it saves a path to the file on that local drive somehow. When my students logged into a different machine, they got the red Xs as well. When they went back to their original machine, they were fine. It will also give you the red Xs if you import pictures from a CD. I had my students put all their pictures into the My Pictures folder on My Documents. When we completed the project, they deleted their files.
This makes sense! I will try this and see if it works-thank you so much for your quick reply! :)
That is happening because the files are not saved to that computer. Movie maker wants to have the files it is using on the computer that it is on.
I agree with Matt. The X means that Movie Maker cannot find the original photo or movie file. Maybe it was moved? When you import images into MM - it isn''t the actual images - just referencing the original images. Find the original images and re-import them. Do not move any images until the project is completely over and exported.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service