I am formulating some ideas for a blended online course for middle school teachers on Web 2.0/Social Network Tools. Our state (CT) requires 14 hours of CEU's in technology as part of a teacher's re-certification process. I want to provide teachers with the opportunity to meet the requirement over the course of one school year.
Here is the plan so far:
- Introduce a topic (wikis for instance) in a face to face 45 min. workshop.
- Direct participants to a Moodle installation with additional resources, readings, activities, quiz, etc to be completed by the next meeting about 4 weeks later.
- Follow-up discussion about value of the tool, brainstorming uses, etc
- To be awarded CEU's staff would have to present a lesson plan or narrative describing how they intend to use the tool with their class.
Total estimated time: 4 hours per topic (including face to face intro)
1. What tools do you consider essential? (I want to limit it to about 3-4 topics.)
2. What order would you present them in?
Other suggestions appreciated. Thanks for your input.