Hi all! A friend of mine who is curating this show has been looking for a larger and more diverse group of people to evaluate the photographs submitted for the show described below and on their website.

I thought that Classroom 2.0 would be perfect- they ESPECIALLY want people who have little formal experience with art to participate. This project has a lot of really cool Web 2.0 theories mixed into it- check it out.....
Here's the link: http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/click/

Click! is a photography exhibition that invites Brooklyn Museum's visitors, the online community, and the general public to participate in the exhibition process. Taking its inspiration from the critically acclaimed book The Wisdom of Crowds, in which New Yorker business and financial columnist James Surowiecki asserts that a diverse crowd is often wiser at making decisions than expert individuals, Click! explores whether Surowiecki's premise can be applied to the visual arts-is a diverse crowd just as "wise" at evaluating art as the trained experts?

If you know everything about art or nothing at all, create an account, log in and evaluate some of the works that have been submitted during our open call for Click! Evaluation can take a while, but you can do as little or as much as you want *and* you can log in anytime throughout the eval period which ends May 23. They really need a diverse crowd and that means they need evaluators with range of knowledge (including none!) and varied geographic locations (including outside of Brooklyn!), so pass the word on to others.

This may seem a bit off topic, but I think that these kinds of open and participatory experiences from museums can be utilized very effectively in the classroom. Please pass on to students or anyone else you know!

Thanks-
Cindy

Tags: 2.0, art, help!, informal, learning, partcipatory, photography, web

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If anyone does evaluate, can you leave me a comment?

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service