I have grade 6 students once every six days all year...so about 30 classes or so. I am thinking about project ideas...(just dreamed this one up) please give so feedback, advice and recommendations.

I was thinking about having them design a product, physically make it. Then use technology...(Office Suite, Photoshop, iMovie, Garageband and others) to market and show if off. So they could make a backpack, with a iPod holder stitched on. Then make a website showing it, PS flyers, make a commercial for it in iMovie and so on. Excel could track time spent, Word could write up design specs.

Partners or by themselves?

Again, just wanted some thoughts.

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

After teaching gifted kids using project ased learning for 25 years I could give you tons of ideas but this seems like a good one. You might check into books/sites on the inventive process. Might give you some ideas you hadn't thought of, for instance---have the kids make "Bug Lists". Usually solutions to things that bug you make great inventive products.
Consider using the SCAMPER design process. Here's one link for it, but it's a validated think-to-design process. http://creatingminds.org/tools/scamper.htm
What you are proposing to do could be very profound.
If you do have any other ideas, please, pass them along. I was just looking for a thumbs up or down, so thanks for responding.

Any other thoughts or ideas are appreciated.

Thanks again.
oh, and you ask partners or by themselves --- partners!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service