Please advise: Doing online courses for teachers in 2.0 apps

Greetings:

I direct The Heritage Institute a program of continuing education for teachers located in the Northwest, but with distance education offerings that reach teachers anywhere with Internet access.

We are expanding our online offerings and want to do a suite of short courses for credit and CEU's on the uses of Web 2.0 -type applications for classroom instruction. As many of you know, most teachers out there have little or no exposure to using the internet beyond simple searching, and names like wiki, blogs, RSS feeds, podcasting and more are like a foreign language.

So, my first question is how to best design, name and present courses which cover some of the basics and then move on from there. My sense is that, say, an elementary teacher, will want to know simple steps on how to make elementary science, or writing come alive through use of the web. So, a course that is very subject specific and shows them examples of what other teachers have done would be a away to start.

Secondly, I'm looking for a few instructors who have a masters degree and who could offer courses like this for us. We already have someone doing a course on Google Earth and its uses (social studies etc), and I am doing content area courses around themes of social justice, environment and global issues. But I would love to chat with some of you using web 2.0 or other apps at both the secondary and elementary levels.

My email is mike@hol.edu.

Thanks.

Mike Seymour

Tags: courses, development, online, professional, teachers, training

Views: 27

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service