I would like my Instructional Technology class of pre-service teachers for Fall 2008 (late August to early December) to have a collaborative experience with a classroom located somewhere other than Ohio... possibly another state... possibly another country. Is anyone interested? Jo Schiffbauer

Tags: collaborative, flat, technology

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jo,

I will be teaching preservice science teachers this Fall here in Rhode Island. We use a wiki extensively in our class. Were you interested in collaborating with another higher ed class?What types of collaboration did you have in mind?

- Jay
Hello, Jay. I posted my question as I was teaching a graduate workshop and talking about social networks for education. Having had little response to questions I have posted on other networks, I did not hurry back to see if there were any responses. I should have!

I do want to collaborate with another higher ed class, preferably one with preservice teachers. But, I think I'm going to accept an offer from a K-12 educator for this semester. This teacher does an online literature circle and has her students blog their responses to her questions. She said she can always use responders to the students' writing. It will be a good service project and experience for my students.

I still want to do a collaborative project, but this will be a good start for me.

Perhaps we can put together a collaborative project another semester. Topic? I don't know... the effect of technology on student learning, the community's perception of how we should teach and learn in the 21st century, ... What do you think?

Jo
I teach K-12 computer courses at a small public school in MN. If you'd like access to kids of various ages & stages, I'm game. I am the department so I can be very flexible! Sue Maiers
Hello, Sue. I posted my question as I was teaching a graduate workshop and talking about social networks for education. Having had little response to questions I have posted on other networks, I did not hurry back to see if there were any responses. I should have!

I think I'm going to accept an offer from another educator. She does an online literature circle and has her students blog their responses to her questions. She said she can always use responders to the students' writing. It will be a good service project and experience for my students.

I still want to do a collaborative project, but this will be a good start for me. Thanks for your offer. Perhaps we can put together a collaborative project another semester.

Jo
Jo, I teach seventh grade students in a suburban Philadelphia, PA school district. I offer my students a blog through Classblogmeister, and I am always looking for responders for their work. I will also being doing a literature circles blog, but not until January of 2009, so that may not help. You can take a look at what we did last year, though, if it's of any interest. In addition to teaching 7th graders, I am also teaching a technology course through West Chester University starting in a week, and I am hoping to be teaching a methods course at a local college for pre-service teachers this spring.

Diane
Hello, Diane. I posted my question as I was teaching a graduate workshop and talking about social networks for education. Having had little response to questions I have posted on other networks, I did not hurry back to see if there were any responses. I should have!

I just checked out your links. I'm impressed. I think I would have enjoyed a blogging approach when I was a literature student. Asking my students to comment on your students' blogs would be a good experience for them and a good first step for me in the direction of collaboration.

If our involvement would work with you, I would like do that this semester. Do you have guidelines for this that you have used previously?

Jo
Jo,

I don't have a classroom to collaborate with you, but I may have a tool for you and your teachers to collaborate with. It's called Studeous (www.studeous.com) and it is helping teachers and students communicate and collaborate. Studeous provides a space for you to upload files, conduct discussions, use blogging, podcasting, chat, and all the best web 2.0 tools. There is no set up and it's free. We're doing this as a service to the education world because what's available now, just isn't as good as it could be. Take a look and let me know what you think.

Jefferson

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service