I am a technology support teacher for my district and I trying to promote more Web 2.0 tool use.
I would like to share the value of Wikis or Blog spaces with my district admin teams. Are there any teachers out there that would like to collaborate with teachers in my district?
Our school district is located in Western Washington (Burlington to be exact). Would you be interested in a class collaboration site to share student work?

Perhaps collaborate around science topics (gathering and sharing data) or perhaps sharing about our local habitats.

I have access to grades K-12...please let me know if you are interested.

Tracy

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are some good data collection projects all ready established. You might check with Jen and see what she has going this fall. It might be easier than writing your own project.

We are going to do the Pringle Project with another gifted class in New Jersey. Monster Exchange, another collaborative project, has been around for years. It is a great writing lesson and shows the kids the importance of writing for an authentic audience. Student A draws a monster and then writes a descriptive paragraph of that monster. The paragraph gets sent to Student B across the country, across town or down the hall. You can even send them to parents. Student B draws the monster from the descriptive paragraph and both are posted to the website. What a great way to practice descriptive writing.

I have several suggestions on doing these types of projects. No matter which project you decide to do, there is no reason why every kid has to participate, choose the ones who are interested---you certainly want the project to be successful because teachers/students are apt to do another one if the first one is successful. You don't have to go too far from home, you can do your first collaboration with a teacher across town or even down the hall.

Good luck, let me know if you need more info.
Tracy,
We are always looking for teachers and classrooms to collaborate with. Our students have a server-based social networking community (Student Community) where they post writing and book reports and always are looking for comments from others. This fall we are looking at implementing wikis on the community where students can collaborate. You can check out what our students are doing on
http://students.saugususd.org/
Let me know through email if you are interested.
Arlene

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service