With a variety of easy to use available tools available for getting a class online. Sometimes it may become a biased decision to rely on online classes if we are not exactly tracking if the online classes and the lessons therein are going in the right direction because due to the limitations of the technology at least for sometime in near future it is going to be difficult to collect in time reactive feedback from the students. So it becomes very important to exactly keep track if the on going online lesson thats being dispensed to the student is actually going in the right direction by helping the students or its is going in opposite direction. Such kind of informative data is an absolute necessity for the online classes because every class consumes a lot of human resource, technology and time to be wasted. And in the process of teaching and learning it actually requires more time to backtrack a wrong direction than it happens in any other case. Hence, Intelligent reporting system should be integrated to the elearning system in someform or the other where the teacher gets to know easily if he is going in the right direction or not. This may be in form of graphs or charts showing some sensitive metrics like average marks scored against the number of students attending the class itself. A reporting system can also help administering a online school by making the information about classroom response and enrollments easily available to the administrators for optimal allocation of teacher and resources to popular courses and reworking on courses that are not popular.

Tags: elearning

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. I have been researching and using online learning products for a few years now and it is always the problem that assessment becomes tricky because you are asking the pupils to 'perform' a different output that is more difficult to allocate a mark to than an exercise book, particularly for a non-ICT centered teacher.

Teachers' desired outcome is a string of marks reflecting the individuals grasp of the learning content, and a working knowledge of the progress of each of their pupils. To back this up the teacher requires accessible/organised evidence of pupil progress to inform planning, managers and inspectors.

This can all be done on computers, or even online, but actually doing it is a much more difficult task particularly when new and improved online teaching and learning vehicles are being produced.

This year I am going to be looking at how to produce ePortfolios for or pupils. Or, should I say, the best method for them to keep track of their work. We have a moodle site but I think it might be edublogs I go for because I want the student to have a clear control over all their content and be able to create simple navigation tabs at the top for each subject and anything else they want to showcase and to have it after they leave school at 18.

I would be interested to hear about any solutions anyone else might be using in the States.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service