Hi,

i have found this wikipedia source, but i am hoping someone can give me an academic source that highlights these personal characters of an adult learner.

would be most grateful if someone can come up with a result :-)

thanks Steve

“i) Self-control - restraint, emotional control ii) Stability - stable personality, strength iii) Independence - ability to self-regulate iv) Seriousness - ability to deal with life in a serious manner v) Responsibility - accountability, commitment and reliability vi) Method/Tact - ability to think ahead and plan for the future, patience vii) Endurance - ability and willingness to cope with difficulties that present themselves viii) Experience - breadth of mind, understanding ix) Objectivity - perspective and realism” Wikipedia (2008, section 3)

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve, if you google andragogy and Knowles Theory of adult learning or anything similar, you will get academic sources. Knowles coined the term andragogy to differentiate adult learners from compulsory-aged learners.
Ok Marie,

Many thanks for your input
Steve

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service