I am starting a video club with my 4th grade students. They are very excited about this but I am looking for some help on how I should plan this. We have started with discussing what makes a good video and we looked at a few different ones. Any help would be appreciated, websites personal experiences etc. Thanks

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are going to be experimenting with many different forms of video from digital stories, stop motion to full blown short movies. I have made many of these myself but am looking for some help in explaining how the video creation process happens.
Visit vidsnacks, a ning to meet all your video needs.
This is a web page I used last year to teach a video production class to 8th graders. Many helpful links. You may want to bookmark the links, I'm not sure how long this page will be active as our district is revamping our web site.

http://www1.rcas.org/swms/computer/dv/Video.html

Maybe a bit much for 4th graders, but there is a wonderful area on Atomic Learning about video production. Very informative and well done.
I've done Video Clubs going on 5 years now. First, we are Mac District so we use the iLife suite a lot for these projects. I have the 4/5th train on doing our "live broadcasting" of morning announcements, they learn how to edit using iMovie and then using Wirecast to broadcast the announcements. I then have the 4/5th graders make a music video. I shoot them dancing to any music, then have them edit it in iMovie adding their own soundtrack, w/ either pre-recorded music, or music they created in Garageband. Finally, the 5th graders shoot video footage throughout the whole school year as they create an "end of the yr" video that we show at an all school assembly, it runs about a 1/2 hour.

You can view our site here, http://lions.dist57.org/events/lions-park-video-club/?searchterm=vi... we were lucky enough to get into the local papers due to our TV studio that I created, having a blue screen and Wirecast was vital.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service