Our tech team at school needs to survey the faculty about their use of technology in the classroom for themselves and also for their students. It would be nice if the survey also contained questions about their own use of technology outside of school.

Does anyone have such a survey that I can look at for ideas on how to set ours up?

I don't know if it matters but we'd like to set up the questions in Moodle so it forces our teachers to actually enter our Moodle site.

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI Julie,

Massachusetts has a technology assessment tool that we use to plan professional development on a district level and on a school level. I hope this helps....it is based on Mass tech standards and is given on multiple levels. You keep going until you score under 80%.
Attachments:
Thanks, Irene. This is a rather detailed assessment tool. It will give me ideas on how to phrase our questions.

I realize that I put this questions in the wrong forum category. Sorry about that. I wondered why I didn't get any hits when I searched for "survey". I thought I was on the main forum page. Nevertheless, I'm glad you answered Irene. I'm now off to other forum categories to search for what others have done for teacher surveys.
Julie,

I asked this same question a while back and didn't get much of a response. So I went ahead from scratch and made a needs assessment for the English teachers of our school board. (the largest in the world - in Seoul, Korea). Click the yellow link on our site. Very elementary, a first step but will give you an example.

Cheers,

David
http://eflclassroom.ning.com
David, Thanks for sending the link. Your survey might be elementary but I believe you ask a few key questions that we want to know. I particularly like "I believe ..." phrases and "How much do you use these applications in planning or delivering your lessons?" I'm afraid that most of our staff uses basic Word and email but not much else in the way of technology. Thanks!
You can use a survey generator like http://wufoo.com to post the question and get results. I did a technology survey last year with students and I can email you the questions if you'd like. email me at nbosch@aol.com I'll send you a sample survey, it'll give you some of the "jargon" you need to do a technology survey. N.
Thanks, Nancy. I sent you a message from my school's email. I'm looking forward to seeing the "jargon" we should include. We only get one chance to do this and we want to make sure we do it right. How the questions are phrased makes a difference.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service