Curriki! The resource management solution to complement Ning?

Also posted in education.ning.com

I came across Curriki. Could this be the online tool to add the content/resource management side to an online professional learning community (ePLC, I use that term to refer to a community of teachers who share identity; in our case all from the same Australian Territory) which has Ning (or other) as the social networking home? (Ning of course is very much lacking a content management side of things).

Curriki looks quite amazing. Here is a blurb from their site:

Curriki is more than your average website; we're a community of educators, learners and committed education experts who are working together to create quality materials that will benefit teachers and students around the world.

Curriki is an online environment created to support the development and free distribution of world-class educational materials to anyone who needs them. Our name is a play on the combination of 'curriculum' and 'wiki' which is the technology we're using to make education universally accessible.

Curriki is the result of work done for GELC - the Global Education and Learning Community - an online project started by Sun Microsystems to develop works for education in a collaborative effort. The leadership team consists of people with a long-time commitment to exploring the use of technology to improve education.

Might be worth exploring. Has anyone had much experience with it?
WIll be an excellent teacher's resource as more content is added.

Also has HUGE community potential as mentioned above. I am trialling the creation of a group. I can see the value of making a private group to start off with, as a safe and secure place for community memebrs (such as my maths teacher community) to put up their resources, have other comment on them, create a sense of community productivity, show off to funding bodies or management (the local education department) that the community is being productive. Members can at the same time, or at a later stage after peer assesment, publish their resources to the main curriki site.

Tags: curriki, file, management, repository, resources

Views: 31

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service