Mel Levine strikes again with his enormous insight into the frustrations of children dealing with different minds. He gets deep into the disfunction and the work-a-rounds that schools could/should use to help these youngsters rather than indicting them for their own challenges. I listened to this book from audible.com several times and was powerfully impacted by not only Dr. Levine's insight but by the words of children who have been unintentionally damaged by a system geared to teach herds of kids. If you read or have read either of Levine's books on this discussion group and want to talk about them...ping me!

Views: 26

Replies to This Discussion

Kevin,
Love anything by Mel Levine and recommend this particular book often to both parents and teachers. I love how he reframes our view of children and shows that ALL kids want to succeed and when they can't, we need to uncover why not. Adults often blame the kids for the problem(s). Anyone who reads his work realizes that we can not do that any longer.
Absolutely! Indicting children for the crime of educational incompetence is a life damaging crime!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service