I am part of a group developing a health education program built on a web 2.0 platform. My partners and I have strong health care backgrounds and have previously produced healthy lifestyle interactive field trip programs for students in grades 3 - 8. However, we are now in the process of developing a sustainable educational experience that utilizes the power of the web to truly create a personal healthy lifestyle experience. Here's a piece from our promotional page:

If anyone out there would like to participate in the development and beta testing of this curriculum, we'd welcome your expertise, experience and suggestions. We have just gone live (secure server) with a very very preliminary version of the site (it's more like a shell right now), but will be adding content and features frequently as we push the site towards version 1. If you would be interested in helping, we promise great accolades and immense credit - and maybe even a free t-shirt too (we’d offer a bigger incentive, but we're building this on our own limited time and resources). If you would like to learn more or participate in our beta test (hopefully this fall), please email me at the address below. Thanks!

Phil Christian
philc@getfitus.net

PS: we created this curriculum in an effort to help curb the growing epidemic of obesity and related health conditions in young people. We just started a blog on this issue too: http://getfitkids.blogspot.com/

Tags: curriculum, education, health, web2.0

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a teacher that is moving into her chosen field next year (Health with 9th grade). She is one of my "leaders" with web 2.0 and I think would be quite interested in your curriculum if I promised to assist her. Keep me in the development loop.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service