Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone. Chris O'Neal here, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA. Glad to be here!
Hi, all! Susan Quintyne, middle school, Spanish teacher from NY in the mix. I'm looking to collaborate with other Spanish teachers. I love a challenge, and I'm not afraid to take risks.
Hi Susan,

I'm one of the hosts here and I would like to welcome you to Classroom 2.0. I'm sure that you will finds this community helpful in your endeavours. Take a look at all the interest groups (click the Groups tab) to see if there are any Spanish teachers here already. You can also do a search using the search box in the top, right hand corner of the page. This is a list of all forums posts dealing with foreign language instruction:

http://classroom20.ning.com/forum/topic/listForTag?tag=fl

I hope you find it helpful.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Welcome aboard!
Hi,
My name is Or-Tal and I am a mother of 3 from Ramat-Gan, a city near Tel-Aviv, in Israel. I am a communications expert working with hitech startups and I am also an entrepreneur in the making, developing my own startup, which relates to education and the web. Looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge.
Ahalan, Or-Tal. I lived in Herzlia for 12 years. Na'im m'od!
Hey Or-Tal, welcome aboard and if I can help you in any way don't hesitate to holler in my direction. I'm in Nashville, TN, USA and more or less all over the place. Good luck with that startup, and keep us informed with your blog here :)
Hi Kathleen .
I am Marsha from Globaldreamers Israel. (http://www.globaldreamers.org) Our international project has enouraged many to join us in an authentic global learning project. I am one of the fortunate educators in Israel and I have a Starboard in my classroom and one in the lab which we were given by a sponsor. We have video conferencing through Skype and a computer lab which is not the best in the world but we make it work.
If you would like information you can contact me at gorenmm@gmail.com
I have sent materials to many students who are interested in learning about what we do.
You may also go to epals.com and check out the epal ambassadors where you will find I was chosen for our peace project. I invite you to download the peace movie and share with your classes too.
:-)
Hope to hear from you soon.
Marsha

Hi Marsha,

I just looked at your globaldreamers.org website and was very impressed.  I am passionate about peace education and cannot wait to take a closer look at the project.

Kindly,

Tejal

hello great project.

ברוכה הבאה
Hel;lo Or Tal,

I am Marsha from Globaldreamers Israel and one of the ePals ambassador teachers.
You can see it on the E-Pals site. (http://www.epals.com) See teacher ambassador winners.

. In 1991 It was my wish for my students to become excited and interested in their learning and found that the internet offered children the opportunity to collaborate with other students all around the world and become involved in real world, authentic learning opportunities that could be enjoyable and truly meaningful. I am the creator of Global Dreamers web site (http://www.globaldreamers.org) and along with my students promote the vision of “worldwide peace”. I am now a mentor for so many teaching professionals and present workshops locally and nationally and even internationally. I am always willing to share my time with other educators, “…Remember, knowledge is power and educators have been given the gift of finding and sharing it.’

The children have always been my inspiration and so I’ve tried to inspire them. It wasn’t until the web took the world by surprise, though, that teaching became an exciting challenge, an unbelievable experience where collaborative learning comes alive in classrooms around the world, and my students have become learners and leaders; partners and participants through their Global Dreamers involvement.

Looking back I now realize the social innovation that Global Dreamers has brought to the educators, students and of course me. It was the different strategies we implemented which have helped our dream come true for the last nine years. Indeed our work has helped to enrich and engage the lives of many of our global partners and friends around the world. This social innovative way of teaching and sharing tries to answer to old problems that the world faced before the power of the Internet and technology touched our lives. It has also helped to change biased opinions by learning about others and has extended and strengthened the civil society and the future it may bring.
Our work has brought us much satisfaction and me personally a new outlook on education. It is not the awards that have come our way but the true motivation the kids receive through this process.I am proud of the kids and what they do. They are willing to take the extra step for their global friends.
Look forward to hearing from you, I enjoyed learning about you!

Best wishes,

Marsha Goren Ein Ganim School Petach Tikva, Israel
(http://www.globaldreamers.org)
Come and dream with us soon.

Hi Marsha, 

I followed the link of ePals in your post as well as the one about Global Dreams, it's really inspiring work!!

I also work in Israel, in a company that develops classroom management software and mobile device management platform to schools worldwide.

Again, just wanted to say how inspired I was by your work...

Or Winfield

Business Development Manager, Radix Technologies Ltd.

www.radix-int.com

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service