Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 23576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello, my name is Jennifer Dible. I am a science teacher at a charter school for students with ADHD, ADD, and Asperger's syndrome in Toledo OH. Last year was my first year teaching. It was a tough by very rewarding experience.
Hi Jennifer.
Congratulations on making it through the first year and seeking out resources like Classroom 2.0. There are a number of really good people here who work primarily with Special Education students. You might want to take a look at the The Inclusion Revolution - Technology in Special Education group. you'll find Groups on left-hand side of the main Classroom 2.0 page.
Welcome John
You can find some great discussion threads here that should be helpful in informing or inspiring ideas for your program.
Hi Sharon here from Mt Maunganui in New Zealand where it is usually warm and sunny! I teach Media Studies to Year 12 and 13 students but am currently on a MINTS scholarship with CORE education and working on the Jane and the Dragon (animated tv series) 'Knight School' website
Hi Sharon
Welcome to Classroom 2.0. Media Studies has been changing very quickly lately. Looking forward to your ideas and input here.
I'm an educator currently working on a doctorate in Learning & Teaching at the Harvard Graduate School of Education in Cambridge, MA. My professional experience includes education research, curriculum design, professional development, educational media production, and teaching at the K-12 and graduate levels. My current research investigates the potential for digital communication media to support the teaching of writing and the development of authorship at the intermediate and secondary levels. I welcome the opportunity to connect with other educators interested in tapping into the potential of Web 2.0 to promote learning.
Hi Marielle
Your area of research is exactly what many of us are looking for to support/help inform what we do. Blogging, wikis, and digital storytelling have become really valuable tools for many teachers.
Hello-I am an Assistant Principal in Alabama. I hope by joining this site and modeling new technology that my teachers will feel more comfortable using technology.
Ammie, I applaud your effort. Administrators using and explaining whats, whys, and hows of what they are doing with educational technology is a great. Classroom 2.0 is a great place to start for many who are new to the whole thing. Best of luck!
Hey everyone. This is Matt McGoldrick from Frederick, MD. I am a 5th grade teacher for Montgomery County Public Schools. I am hoping to use some Web 2.0 technologies this year with my class. I really need some direction in creating a class wiki (layout, typical requirements etc.); I also wanted to find out if anyone has used a social networking site such as Ning with their classes. Thanks in advance for your help and I look forward to learning from everyone.
Hi, I'm Roz & I need some ideas. I've been teaching history & sociology for 23 years in Dearborn, MI. I want to learn some ways to incorporate new technology into my classroom---not just IN the classroom, but outside the classroom as well. Anything to get kids more involved!
If you've got ideas, I'm ready to listen.
Hi Rosalind!

I am also a social studies teacher and this past year began using podcasting in my class as a review tool. We created "masterycasts" and you can see them in the Ancient World history and US History sections of my website-www.masterymaze.com.

It was a very successful project. The students downloaded them to their iPods and other players, while some just accessed them on the site. You can also have the students write the scripts or do the podcasts themselves.

I had 100% passing on the NYS regents exam and I think the podcasts really helped. I serve needy inclusion classes, and the students felt better able to tackle the tests with the ability to access me 24/7!

Sue

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2020   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service