Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sure you'll get a lot of good ideas here. Welcome aboard.
Hello there Lee Winik from Cold Lake Alberta Canada. Looking forward to conversing/collaborating with everyone in the community. I am currently concentrating on using blogs with my 7 and 8 classes in Language Arts and Social Studies to discuss current events, assignments, and writing projects. I have always had an interest in using tech to teach and I look forward to learning from you all.

I hope I can offer some answers as well

Cheers!
Hi All ! Tammy Cooksey, hailing from Perth Western Australia here. I'm a consultant for an online agency who's interested in social network applications in the education industry, specifically universities. We have built two community sites to date - great school's parenting advice community and minti, a parent advice community, but I am interested in learning more about how universities have used the principles of Web 2.0 in student recruitment, administration and teaching & learning.
Hi I am from Durban South Africa where I have been teaching for the past 30 years. I spent most of that time as a classroom teacher but the last 5 have been as an IT and Design & Technology teacher. I fear I am getting left behind with al the web 2.0 tools!!! I need to find out and tart using some of these tools with my pupils.
Well you will learn about a lot of new stuff here. Welcome Aboard! My husband worked in South Africa for 6 months some years ago, he said it was a beautiful country but the ocean water was freezing!! (I also think he might have gone to a nude beach there--too much information for me!!)
Hello Everyone, I'm from Ontario Canada and am exploring in order to leqrn more about some of Web 2 applications for the classroom
Hi, my name is Rose and I am an administrator (don't hold that against me) in an independent school in New York. Originally, i was a teacher down under in Wollongong, Australia. Looking forward to exploring the latest developments to inspire my faculty to embrace all that technology in the classroom offers. Cheers!

Rose Wong, Roslyn, New York
Mark from London, but working in Singapore for an international educational not-for-profit. I do research & development into EduTech, mostly developing others so they can do their own research and development into using technology for teaching and learning (making myself redundant, of course). Most of the work I do crosses over into Knowledge Management (KM) in some way too. I'm a qualified project manager, have a background in corporate training, before that teaching English... At the moment, I'm also managing the development of a customer focused online application. I've designed web apps, built sites and generally tinkered with anything tech. I've spent far too much time playing computer games MMOs too etc...

I've set up four Ning sites that we're using in Singapore. I'm championing the use of online applications in classrooms to teachers and educational management. I'm researching and supporting research into how teachers use apps for learning and KM. Here's how we've used wikis, blogs and how a Innova JC in Singapore uses Delicious.

On the bus I listen to BuzzOutLoud, BoagWorld & recently EdTechLive (but must do the archives) and watch GeekBriefTV... I also have a bunch of feeds here on Pageflakes. Oh, well. That's me. ^_^
Welcome to classroom2.0 It looks like you will bring a wealth of expertise to us. I am from Australia and our rural school has used virtural type classrooms with others in USA, Phillipines and Korea with great success.
Hi All,

My name is Bruce. I am a physiotherapist in Australia.

We have developed leading edge notetaking and filing software - eNoteFile.

The fully-functional standard version is free.

eNoteFile is being well received in allied health environments but students and teachers can customise it to meet their needs too. You can insert your own templates and images or just use the plain or lined paper provided.

I think the requirements such as digitiser pen and keyboard entry, easy visual cue searching, online and offline capability, remote access, synchronisation and sharing of notes are similar for both allied health and education.

The physiotherapy / physical therapy market also demand functionality like password protection, mandatory fields and modified date audits which are all included free on the standard version.

Please visit www.enotefile.com to download your free version. Some computers will require the free update to the latest .NET Framework 3.5 included in the installation process.

Thank you and I look forward to your feedback from the online education community.

Regards,

Bruce
bruce.cohen@enotefile.com
I've been teaching English for almost 20 years in high school and now community college in rural Mississippi. Was introduced to this site by my friends at Teacher Leader Network. Can't wait to learn from all of you.
Hey Everybody, I'm Aprille Noe Black and I live in Greensboro, NC and Blacksburg, VA. I'm a former K-12 educator and am currently working on my PhD at Virginia Tech. I'm interested in designing computer-supported collaborative learning in online environments using web 2.0 tools.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service