Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a PhD in political science and am interested in using computer technology in the classroom. Right now I work as a substitute teacher in the New York City school system.
Hey everybody!

This is Brian Yearling. I am a high school English teacher, educational technology nut,and a podcaster.

Anyone interested in checking out my podcast, it is about finding free resources that you can begin to use in your classroom to transform your analog, quasi-analog, or partially analog classroom into a full-fledged, digital zone of connectedness and learning. My current production schedule is aimed at putting out a new show once every 2-3 weeks.
http://www.podango.com/podcast.php?podcastId=3628

I'm looking to connect with other teachers who are using technology in their classrooms, especially at the 6-12 grade levels. I will try anything twice: once to try it, and once to tweak it. If you've got a project idea, I will be happy to find a way to fit it into my classroom instruction. Just contact me.
Hey Brian, Welcome aboard---we've done some pretty neat stuff K-6 over the years, you can see it here.
I am the director of "Voices from the New American Schoolhouse.com" and founder of Arts & Ideas Sudbury School, Baltimore's first Sudbury school. Our take on School 2.0 is that full democratic management, age mixing and student initiated curriculum (viral learning) are the essential innovations.
I've taught 4th grade for the past 20 years. Ever since becoming involved in the TLP project back in 2000, I've become very excited and interested in tech integration and its impact on student learning/motivation. I am here to learn and grow, gather new ideas and become more effective with teaching and watch the students grow in their digital world.
I am a professor at Lipscomb University, working with K-12 educators, both at the undergraduate and graduate level... although most of my career was in the high school classroom. My passion has always been technology... since the early 80s... since the beginning of of desktop computers. In 2000, I switched my interest to online education. Over the last couple years, I have been focusing on Web 2.0 technologies. I will be teaching a new course this spring that will focus on Web 2.0 technologies. Classroom 2.0 will definitely be part of that course!
Hello! My name is Tim Madden, and I teach 6th grade English (and math a bit ago) in Grand Ledge, Michigan.

I am very interested in getting my students exposed to Web 2.0 options. We have only one computer lab to use, so I need to make the most of each experience.

I also am encouraging other staff to educate themselves on these opportunities and see what an impact things like Skype, student blog commenting, wikis, etc., can have on their students.

I look forward to reading and conversing with others on this site.

-Tim
Hi everyone! I am a 4th grade teacher in North Carolina and I am excited to connect with all of you! I hope to share my knowledge and experience and learn from others as well!
Hi I am Maggi, currently in Korea teaching English, but will be returning to Australia end of January 2009, to expand the Virtual Classroom. I have learnt so much from this site, and met some very exciting teachers and concepts. I am always excited about linking with other teachers from around the world, and find this site a wonderful source of everything that is Education.
Hello everyone! I am a 7th/8th grade Language Arts and Reading teacher in Carbondale, Illinois. I have been trying out a lot of the technology and options available to educators, such as blogs and wikis, on my own for some time now, but as of yet I have not integrated it into my classroom. It seems like I just haven't had the time to work out all of the "bugs," such as security and privacy issues, as well as things like computer lab time. But, this coming semester I am hoping to start utilizing some of the things that I have learned. I will have a student teacher who spent Tuesday and Thursdays in my classroom the first semester off the year, so she is already familiar with my students and the way my classroom runs and is already comfortable teaching in my room. I hope that her presence and planning will free me up to work on some of these issues and maybe she and I can even learn together as we collaborate on some projects. Being a college student, she might even be able to teach me a thing or two! I just recently joined Classroom 2.0, so I am looking forward to collaborating with and learning from all of you as well!
Welcome Jackie, my advice is to start small with willing participants first. If you start a blog, for instance, choose only a few from each class to get started. If you let all your 150 kids start at the same time the whole thing will run amuck!! You'll spend hours commenting and monitoring.

Make sure you decide why you want your kids to blog--authentic writing and personal reflection is a great start. Make sure you have a AUP to prevent unwanted behavior. My gifted 4-6th graders have blogged at A Really Different Place for 3 years, check out Recent Posts to see student writing. Our "rules" are posted at the top. My blog is on the "front page".
Hello Classroom 2.0! I am Adam, a third grade teacher in Centreville, Virginia. I have been teaching for five years and have the great fortune of working in a school with access to new technologies- Smartboard/Notebook, an LCD in every gen ed classroom, good quality scanners and scanning photocopiers, etc.
I am always looking for fresh ideas to link technology with powerful, meaningful instruction.

Right now, I'm working on developing my student's conception of "history" by guiding them along an exploration of their own family history, using the out-of-print "My Backyard History Book" by David Weitzman as a basis. Some of the text really shows its age, but it really has some powerful ideas for kids to work with.

My goal is to help 8-and 9-year-olds to become more aware that history begins with yourself, and that it is not just another abstract term to memorize. For example, we recently began making a "family geography map" going backwards in time from where students are now to (hopefully) as far back as when their ancestors first arrived in America. But not only are we using good ol' photocopied USA maps to mark and trace movements from city to city and state to state, we will also incorporate a GoogleEarth Smart Notebook lesson to map the same process as a follow-up.

I look forward to meeting up with folks here at Classroom 2.0!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service