Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25866

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As CIO of Littleton Public Schools, I try to figure out where the technology is going and help set our schools up for success. We have a wireless network covering every corner of each school and we offer fully open access that kids use with their technology. We are piloting some writing projects with ASUS EeePCs with over 800 in the school district and are working on a major initiative leveraging them. We publish an annual IT guideline document that is available at http://yourit.littletonpublicschools.net
I've joined here because I am very interested in the development of social networking systems into powerful learning resources. We recently held a no-charge conference in our district with over 200 attendees on the topic: http://colearning.wikispaces.com/Home+2009

Thanks for starting this great site!
HI, Dan,
It sounds like you are doing terrific work in your district. As a parent and taxpayer, I like that you make your documents available to the public. Can parents make comments on what you have posted or make other suggestions?
Will you be at CoSN next week in Austin?
Rita
Sadly, I am not planning on going to CoSN this year... bad budget cuts around here. I do run a blog where folks comment. Our Educational Technology Advisory Committee requires parent members and I get quite a bit of good input there as well.
Please join the "Global Lean"

blog at http://globallean.edublogs.org
AND NING http://globallean.ning.com

Give the world a voice in a joyful celebration of diversity!

Thanks! Peggy Sheehy
I teach reading and writing to students who passed the high-stakes exams but never made reading and writing their own--not an unusual phenomenon. I am a toe-dipper in the cyber-sea, would like to learn to swim in it. I know I need to meet my students there. Thank you all for generously sharing your ideas--I'm already learning from you.
Hi, I'm Karenne - I currently live in Germany but am originally from Grenada in the Caribbean.

I teach adult language learners, train teachers on using new media and technology in the classrooms and run workshops on teaching fluency/student-centered issues; write a couple of blogs and run a website.

In my other life I was a juggler.

Glad to have found this group!

Karenne
Laurie Pickup I am a schoolteacher from Spring Branch ISD near Houston, Texas. I teach middle school. this website is really interesting.
I'm a middle school teacher from the Space Coast in Florida. New to the whole 2.0 thing and looking to see what's out there and how I can use it.
Hello from Osaka, Japan! I am a Canadian, long term resident of Japan who is interested in using web 2.0 tools to assist in ELL and foster international communication.
Hey guys, great to be here! I'm currently a student at Stanford and am looking to use technology to create a safer, more engaging, and more rewarding online experience for children! If you are familiar with children/educational software or online social networking, please contact me! Looking forward to learning and sharing with you :)

Michael
Hi,

I'm Dave, a fairly new middle school (7 & 8 grades) tech teacher who's still trying to redesign my curriculum. I'm a retired Coast Guard helicopter pilot that still needed that occasional feeling of stark terror so I teach 12 & 13 year-olds. I teach at a private school in the Seattle area.

I love my job but I'd really like to move beyond what I inherited (teaching MS Office to my students for a full school year). I'm hoping that my students will get the opportunity to connect with another classroom and use some of the latest communication tools.

Thanks for reading this! I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have regarding curriculum.

Dave
Hi everyone Philip Ashcroft here a primary school teacher in Melbourne Australia currently on sabbatical studying and looking after young son.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service