Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 24056

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi :)))  my name is nata   i live and work in tbilisi georgia. i am teaching a group of PET and FCE students at the language center which is in the city center. i am teaching a group of adult learners in GWP - gerogian water and power. i can say that  i use new methodologies and am oriented to using mostly online resources such as wordia , blogs, learnenglish.org.uk, BBC learenglish and some others for effective and meaningful learning.

Apart from that, my activities were printed in the book for YLs  in Aston University and i usually take exams for upgrading my knowledge. the last one was with ELI   - European languages institute in tbilisi   i covered the  first part and received 97 out of 100. i have been participating in various projects launched by brtitish council, EU delegation in Tbilisi and World Vision country office. Among them are cultural diversity and interactive lessons in non- classroom setting. i passed TKT test and received three certificates from Cambridge ( band 3 in each). Attended teacher training for overseas teachers in Cambridge and have been teaching at IBSU - Internationsal Black Sea University.

Hi everybody,

Am lisa, working as a customer care manager at lumos information services. We are focusing on developing learning platforms for students to succeed in the new technological age. Our mission is to provide students, teachers and parents with high quality content and collaborative learning platforms by leveraging innovations in digital and print media.We at lumos, with help of expert teachers, have created programs in eLearning, Print and Video formats. Our programs help student in flexible learning. We offer high quality study materials that adhere to the new CCSS. Our elearning programs are interactive and kid-friendly. The programs are available year round and also are affordable!

Parents please visit us at www.lumostestprep.com

Teachers and Library personnel please visit us at www.lumoslearning.com

This feels important.  I suppose time will tell. 

My name is Ernie Delgado.  I have been in K-12 technology planning for over 20 years and I have helped thousands of teachers and 10's of thousands of students to understand and use technology to teach and learn better.  Our message is simple;

"Technology planning will save your school and properly trained teachers will save the country." 

Listen to our message.  I look forward to sharing ideas, collaborating on meaningful projects and providing while getting inspiration form the leaders in this field, education.  I am humbled to be among you and I embrace this forum to share, learn, collaborate and enlighten.

Hi Steve

I am a Tel leader and lecturer in the Travel and Tourism faculty of an HE college in Cape Town.  I have always enjoyed technology and exploring how it can be used in the class room.  There have been failures, and successes that have taught me a lot in terms of how to use technology to create blended learning.

Look forward to the summit, and send greetings from Cape Town, South Africa.

Sonja Sharp

I am a special education teacher from Dallas, TX who has been involved with Discovery Education Network for many years. I am on the TX Leadership Council and I am a finalist as a GURU. My passion is interactive whiteboards, iPads and apple computers. You will find lots of information and links on my website: http://www.rush2knowledge.com

Hello all! My name is Charmaine, and I'm the Community Advocate at QuickSchools.com, a fully online school management system. I joined the team recently with the goal of connecting with cool + wise educators like you guys. Not here to sell our product at all; instead, I'm here to learn! You see, I'm also a senior at the University of Oregon studying journalism and considering a career in libraries, so I'm most passionate about education technology and digital media storytelling. Lastly, I'm a social media addict, so find me on @QuickSchools or my personal account @noodlemaine. Looking forward to connecting with everyone!

Greetings everyone. My name is Aira Abdrahim and I'm from Malaysia. I currently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina, completing my Doctoral program at NC State University. Happy to join the group and get connected with all educators out there.

Hi everyone,

My name is Nalan. I was born in Famagusta town in 1967. I am Turkish Cypriot living and working here in North Cyprus. I've been teaching English as a Foreign Language since 1989. When I graduated from the university, I worked for government schools for three years but then decided to work at the English Preparatory School of Eastern Mediterranean Univeristy. Apart from teaching, I am interested in learner autonomy, integrating technology into classroom teaching and currently Web 2.00 tools. I completed my Master's degree in Educational Technology and TESOL at the University of Manchester in 2001. I have just completed an online Certificate course from The Consultants-E , London. This summer I will be attending a technology course in Bodrum, Turkey.

Since last July I have been integrating Web 2.0 tools into my teaching. I have created a blog and would like to share it with you.http://nalan-summerschool2011.blogspot.com/

I am pleased to be part of this community and share my experiece with you all. Kind regards, Nalan Guder   

Hi,  I'm Cynthia Sarver from SUNY Cortland in Central NY, where I teach English preservice teachers, among other things, how to use new media to foster constructivist teaching environments.  I have been a member of this community for a while, but for some odd reason, have not begun participating til now.  I should also mention that my students and I are collaborating with Jim Groom and Alan Levine this semester in their #ds106 MOOC and are having a great time and learning a TON!

Hello all!  I am the training coordinator for a program in a state agency in Virginia.  I am very interested in educational technology and am currently working towards an MA in learning technologies through Pepperdine University.  It's an awesome program!

My agency has a statewide videoconferencing system, so I use that equipment lots in my training.  We also use online learning.  For my action research in grad school I'm working on using online discussion to supplement our online training efforts especially.  Hopefully we will one day use online discussion and even social media widely in our agency.  There's still a fairly rigid view that social media is for fun, not for learning, though, in our state government.  That view is changing, but slowly.

Look forward to learning from and with all of you!

Hello, 

My name Is Nancy, and I teach in higher ed.  I am currently a PhD student in curriculum and instruction in instructional technology. Would love to collaborate and meet new people. Just wanted to say hi!

Hey Nancy,

nice to see a familiar name & face from our class :) 

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2020   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service