Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Karen, Great to see you here! Love to hear about your conference soon.
Welcome Karen. It's great to have new people and perspectives. I'll think you'll like it here at Classroom 2.0. Enjoy!
Hello, all, Curt Lieneck, IT Director for the University of Chicago Laboratory Schools, a large independent school on campus here at U of C. I'm a long time elementary teacher who's led our IT efforts here since '98. John Dewey, our school's founder, would have been excited by the opportunities for building the kind of learning communities (like this Ning) that Web 2.0 tools enable. Our challenge here is to honor our progressive legacy even as we extend its principles to a kind of learning we could scarcely imagine just a few short years ago. What an exciting time to be in education!
Hi Curt! I'm at the top of the page! This looks like a good place.
Hello 2.0 Teachers. I'm Heather Dowd from Illinois. I am a former high school physics/math teacher, but I am currently going to graduate school full time and working part time as an instructional designer for a community college. (I miss teaching though!!) I returned home to the US last summer after spending three years teaching in Mexico. I'm excited about all the web 2.0 tools that I failed to notice while living in Mexico. It's an exciting time to be in education.
Hi, Heather. Welcome to Classroom 2.0! Hope you find some good ideas and contacts here. :)

Cheers,

Steve
Hi, I'm Cecilie Murray in Melbourne Australia, and I'm interested in seeing how educators use Classroom 2.0. Among other things, I research emerging technologies and social networking sites for learning. This year I'm researching iPod Touch in primary schools, and a mobile learning project across 4 countries. Be great to have a look around!
Hi, Celilie! Thanks so much for joining in on the Classroom 2.0 site. I wish we had a way to link people by geographical location, but hope you find some good connections here!

Steve
Hi Cecilie
Nice to have you here. As an Australian educator I have found this to be a great place to be.
Hi, I'm Kathy Senior - I love to work with web 2.0 tools in anyway to engage people's learning.
I use the tools in English as a Second Language (ESL) teaching to adult migrant groups and i also use them to engage young Indigenous minds here in the middle of the desert in Australia.
Thanks
Kathy
Hi, Kathy! What a great group of Australians we have here. Welcome!
Hi everyone. I'm Marcela Summerville from Philadelphia, PA suburbs -actually native of Argentina. I am a director of Spanish immersion program for very young children, author, consultant and I am exploring Web 2.0. I am not an expert (:- I am trying to learn as much as I can and find ways to implement technology in the classroom using my brand new curriculum for Pre-K to 5. I am looking to learn and collaborate with other teachers.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service