Please introduce yourself, let us know a little bit about you, and where you are from.

Tags: introduce

Views: 25884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, Trent! Welcome! Hope you get the insight you're looking for... :) You might check the tag links on the right side for discussions of social science and history.

Steve
Hi Trent, Great to see another Aussie in this wonderful classroom. I am from Victoria. I know you will enjoy being part of this great community and there is so much to learn about web2.0 in the classroom.
I would suggest you hook up with several classes to start. We only have 8 weeks left of school but would be interested next September. You can see our blog here http://areallydifferentplace.org Let me know if you want some willing America kids.
Nancy,
Loved your blog.. What softare do you use that allows you to have the student accounts in the left column.
gary
I've been blessed with a former student's dad who designed the blog using Drupal and also serves it!! I hope he continues to do so until I retire in a couple of years. You could get the same effect with blogger or other programs by adding a link to each student's blog in the side column--the beauty of what I have is that recent posts include all blogs so I don't have to use RSS feed to find who wrote what.

Other neat option is the books.
You could ask around, I wonder if 21classes or Edublogs has the option for all the blogs to be linked together.

If you are interested in a Drupal blog I'm sure my guy would walk you through it--let me know and I'll ask him. N.
You can link each student's blogs in 21 classes.
Hello. Courtney from Texas. I teach 7th grade English and I'm the Master Reading Teacher on my campus. I started working on my Master's in Educational Technology this semester. In doing research for a paper on web 2.0, I came across this site.

Because of my work in my courses, I've already started using wikis in my class. I hope this site will help/guide me w/ effective use of the wiki and many other tools.

Looking forward to it!
Hi Courtney,
Welcome to Classroom 2.0. I think you may enjoy being part of this community. I have found it very useful for new ideas and support.
Happy exploring!
Hi Courtney,

I'm going to be teaching 7th-grade English for the first time this year, after a few years teaching 8th graders (on Long Island, New York).

I thinking of some collaboration ideas using technology, possibly long distance writing partnerships. Would you be interested in exploring this possibility?

Emily
Hi Francis,
I am an Aussie too, from Melbourne. Welcome to Classroom 2.0. Your studies sound really interesting. I would love to hear more about this some time.
Right now you can't, really, since Ning's Terms of Service require that users be 13 years of age. :( Specifically related to COPPA legislation here.
Hello to all,

Ben Tantillo, superintendent of schools for the Pascack Valley Regional High School District, located in Montvale, New Jesery. Our district is in the fourth year of a 1:1 program where all students and teachers receive a wireless laptop for their use 24/7.

Happy to be here and looking forward to learning much from the members.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service