As I get ready to begin a new year, I always have tons of fresh new ideas and plans I hope to implement in the classroom. I am curious what new ideas and plans teachers are thinking about trying this year.
My hope with this discussion is that we can share ideas, but also respond to people if we've had experience with something they are thinking of trying. I'll start by listing some of the things I hope to do this year.
1. I have a new SMART Board that I will begin using as soon as I play around with it and figure out the basics. I think my use of it will evolve as the year progresses and I learn more about it.
2. I will continue to produce my classroom television show, but now will edit using Final Cut rather than Adobe Premier.
3. We have a new keyboarding software (I can't remember the name), but I want to begin using it with my second graders. I also hope to train the staff (with my friend Kevin) on how to use it. Kevin will appreciate it most because after a few years he won't have sixth graders using the hunt and peck method as they work on blogs, etc.
4. I plan to use Comic Life as my students create short comic strips. They will create a draft storyboard. We will then take their pictures and import them into Comic Life. They can choose the artistic style they like and then have to create the dialogue to match their story plan.
5. I also want to produce original music with my students. I was thinking of tying this into our poetry unit since the writing style is the same. I will use Garageband to edit the material.
Well this is a small sample of the many plans that are floating in my head. I would love to hear what other people are planning as well as any feedback/advice from people who have done some of the things I am planning. Thanks.