I wanted to invite you to participate with Robin Ellis and me in a Professional Development class we will be teaching (Robin will be teaching from Pennsylvania while I teach from Utah). The class is called Social Software in the Classroom
, with discussions centering on new online teaching tools and their educational value/use.
Additional details follow:
- Class will be held once a week (for five weeks) beginning Wednesday, September 19.
- Class will be held from 4:30-7:15 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time. Click here to translate these times to your time zone.
- If you don't have a Skype account, you will want to create one ahead of time (free), as Robin Ellis will be moderating a Skype chatroom throughout the class. To join in, send her a quick message through Skype: robin.ellis1
- Our class wiki (with schedule and future participant portfolios) will be available here: http://socialsoftware07.wikispaces.com/
- A quicktime audio/video stream will be available here: rtsp://220.127.116.11/socialsoftware07.sdp. Because we will be using Quicktime to stream, you will want to ensure that your Quicktime software is up to date ahead of time. Visit this site to get the latest version (free).
- To join in on the action, please join the wiki we'll be using for the class.
- For teachers not receiving in-service credit, perfect attendance is not required.
- While this class is intended to help beginners learn more about the educational uses of Web 2.0 technologies, experienced users are equally welcome (and appreciated, as the sum of our knowledge is what truly makes these new technologies so appealing).
If you are a teacher, administrator, or technology specialist that would like to learn more about the many free, online tools that can be used to enhance your teaching, then consider yourself personally invited to join us
. We'd love to have you and look forward to an exciting, open, and collaborative experience.