I have been thinking lately about how Web 2.0 could enhance the lives of administrators and principals. Administrators are busy, overwhelmed with practical tasks required to keep the school functioning smoothly. What can Web 2.0 add? Here are my answers. Please help me by adding yours.
1. Blogging - administrator blogs can reflect on daily tasks or larger issues. They can also be a way to communicate to students, parents, the community.
2. Wikis - how often do you need to work collaboratively with another individual or a group to create a document? A wiki is a good way to do this.
3. Google docs & spreadsheets - another way of working collaboratively with others, or easily sharing documents
4. Google calendar - share information about what's going on, events, schedules, holidays, etc.
5. RSS feeds - get the news and blog posts you want to read all in one place.