Jane Krauss blogs:

Using social networks in the classroom is a bit complicated but one thing is clear, social networks give educators a unique opportunity for just-in-time, peer-to-peer professional learning. No longer do we wait for course offerings or workshops delivered by "experts". We ARE the experts and social networks allow us to teach and learn from each other. And given the "long tail" access social networks allow, we can dig into discrete and sometimes arcane topics and find others who are interested, too." (http://reinventingpbl.blogspot.com/2007/10/social-networks-and-educ...)

I thought this was a great description of social networking as PD, and love the idea that the intellectual activity that can take place on social networks for educators can mirror the desire we have for students to become "purposefully engaged" themselves.

Tags: socialnetworking

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love using social networking with my classes. It gives me so much insight into my students!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service