I have posted about blog carnivals here before, and wanted to let you know that the 2nd edition of the Educational Technology Blog Carnival is up today. Starting with the next issue of the carnival, we will have a theme to unify all the posts. Our next theme is "Access." If you haven't already, consider submitting a post to the next edition.

Some of you may be wondering, why blog separately from Classroom2.0? For me, the audience is broader (many non-educators), I can localize some of my post topics rather than speaking to an international audience, and it is motivating me to write (almost) every day, which helps me grow in my thinking. Blog carnivals take things a step further and create community out of what are sometimes isolated and unread blogs. I think both blogging and taking part in professional social networks have their place.

I welcome comments from those of you on either side of the blog-or-not question.

Tags: blog, blogging, carnival

Views: 16

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeremy:
Your 1st Educational Technology Blog Carnival was excellent. I like the way you organized the articles in categories, and all the articles were very interesting. I look forward to reading the 2nd Educational Technology Blog Carnival articles.
I love the blog carnival concept, and I liked the way you described it as an online magazine. I belong to ClipMarks, an active social bookmarking community, and I posted a clip of an article from your first blog carnival. There are some teachers, but most are people in other lines of work. It was well received in that community.
As to the next topic, Access: what did you have in mind? Access to the Internet, computers, software, communities, or all of those?

Here is a comment on Access. People in the other communities need to hear about what more of us have to say.
I begin with a note to my colleagues here at Classroom 2.0.

Whenever I read your outside blogs, I try to bookmark on del.icio.us, Digg, Clipmarks, or some other social bookmarking site. This helps grow our Classroom 2.0 collaborations, as well as it encourages people to read your other blogs and websites. If you list your twitter or other group you belong to, I try to document that I viewed it. That may seem a bit over the edge for humble teachers, but you all have much to say that is very important. It is important for all people not just teachers, and clicking, blinklisting, tagging, digging, flaking, clipping, twittering, jaikuing, etc. helps get our message of best practice in education among people who care about kids, families and communities.

Thanks again Jeremy!
Care to elaborate on the access theme a bit. What direction are you wanting it go. Student access, teacher access, etc... or I could be over-thinking it and you just mean access... all of the above.
Yes, "access" is an intentionally broad term. All of the suggestions from Sam and Scott are good ideas, plus more. I want people to read the submissions and go, "Wow, what an interesting take on that idea." The theme is just a starting point, and a rallying cry. I hope it will also be a springboard to conversation. Ideally, we'll have a bunch of submissions about "Access" in the next edition, then in the following edition we'll have responses to the previous edition, plus submissions on a new theme (yet to be named).

Am I over-thinking this?

I look forward to your submissions to the next blog carnival!
You aren't at all over-thinking it. A theme is a great idea, and access is a good one to start with... I'll have a whopper worked up for it. :)

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service