As you’ve hopefully noticed, Classroom 2.0 now has a blog. I’ve really been enjoying maintaining this blog over the last month and hope that you have enjoyed reading it. Since the blog is for the community, and not my own personal blog, I wanted to ask for input as to how we might further develop it to meet communal needs. A couple of weeks ago, we started running posts by guest bloggers on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Do you think that this development has value? (I personally have enjoyed reading the essays and am very thankful to those who have written them.)

Since many of us on Classroom 2.0 are new to the blogosphere, I wanted to quickly explain how you can read the blog without going to it every day. You’ll notice two options on the top left of the blog: “Subscribe in a reader” and “Subscribe to Classroom 2.0 Blog by Email.” For those of you who are not familiar with RSS (Really Simple Syndication) it works much the same way that a subscription to a magazine works. Instead of having to go out and get the blog each day, it’s delivered to you. It can either come to your Email inbox or to your blog reader (aggregator). I personally really like Google reader (http://reader.google.com). It allows you to read all of the blogs that you are interested in at one page.

I really hope that you share your thoughts with me because I want to make the blog as strong as possible.

Thanks.

P.S. If you want to set up a feed to enable people to subscribe to your own blog, feedburner works great.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andrew,

I think the blog is great. I did want you to know about a feed problem, though, that I just discovered. It may be specific to me, or perhaps it affected others, too.

My Google Reader feed stopped sending me new posts about ten days ago. I checked, and found that you had sent out several new ones since the last one I received. So I unsubscribed and subscribed again to catch-up. When I subscribed again the most recent ones came up.

Larry

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service