I've just re-discovered Twitter, a social network that asks "What are you doing?" The cool thing is, in the Ed Tech world you can create a network of people who are there to help you, and give you support and suggestions at a moments notice.

Looking for a resource? Just send out a tweet and someone will know the answer. Dealing with technology resistance? My twitter network reminds me that there are people in the world who are as passionate about this stuff as I am. I write a blog post every Tuesday called "Two for Tuesday" where I share two interesting technology links - this week my links are all thanks to my Twitter network. (Thanks Twitter network).

Recently, I increased the number of people I'm following from 70 to 170. I've discovered that more is actually better in Twitter, it increases the odds of someone being there for you. I also downloaded Snitter an application that pops up to let me know about new tweets. You can follow me on twitter - look for lizbdavis, then check out the people I'm following and follow them too.

Kevin Honeycutt is creating a Vodcast that answers the question "What is Twitter good for?" You can follow him on Twitter too.

Are you using Twitter? What do you like about it? Still confused? Ask your questions here.

Tags: social-networking, twitter

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I actualled just jumped a few days ago and I have not had the time to really look at it. I have been using it to float my blog updates from my website. I am not really clear on all of the features, so thanks for the help!

I am masterymaze on the site!
I hadn't heard about his vodcast - enjoying this holiday at a friend's home - just had burritos and now coffee, twitter, and RSS. The best is no alarm goes off tomorrow morning! Thanks for being in my network and happy thanksgiving!
Please check out the new member list. It appears someone may have added their students. Their pictures and full names are posted. As these are minor children--I don't know what the Web 2.0 policy is but- this may be a potential safety cpncern.
I am using Twitter twitter.com/susant and have found it to be the fastest and most effective way of getting a message out and an on the spot response. I've seen it used to share links, blog posts, up to date news, to find partners for quickly demoing collaborative tools or take part in projects and even to demo realtime the advantages of an online network during workshops etc.

Recently I put up posts on 3 ning networks inviting classes to join my 5th grade's EFL beginners on Voicethread - I was getting kind of desperate when after 1 week there were no replies. Tried twitter and within 30mins had received answers from teachers willing to participte with their classes.

I can't get snitter to work on my pc but google talk does quite a good job of popping up latest tweets.
Hi my name is Christine and I'm a twitterer. :)
I have been in and out, but I find it to be an excellent resource- just can't figure out which way to go- Snitter or twitteriffic

would love to be followed bradmdav on twitter
I just switched to Snitter - I was using Twitterific. I'm liking Snitter better. You can reply directly to people more easily. I already follow you Brad - great last name!
-Liz
Yes I like snitter too- but I don't know if it is just me or does everyone's posts today end in (...in bed) I didn't type those words but they showed up anyway-
I'm telling all my friends that I've never learned so much so fast since I joined Twitter, and started posting and following interesting people.

My friend Sue Waters arranged a series of short podcasts about people using Twitter

I'm skytrystsjoy (from Kingaroy) at Twitter - you're welcome to follow me!
Hi Liz,
I use twitbin. The application takes up a fifth of my computer screen, so I can multi-task and twit @ the same time. :)
- Christine
Twitter is my most direct link to the ever-evolving world of ed tech. I get to find out in a few short words what people are talking about. what conferences they are attending, what sessions I can watch on Ustream or listen to via podcast, who has a cool student blog, etc.

I also love that I can follow people I would probably never meet in real life - entrepreneurs, teachers from all over the world, film makers - I find these people by looking at who others are following, and also by watching the public timeline sometimes, not just the people I'm following.
Love twitter. Find it invaluable. But the quality and quantity of your network is what makes it all worthwhile. No network, no purpose. Network of people who are not looking for what you are looking for, no purpose. Pick and choose. And if you wish, follow me. :) LParisi

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service