I've just re-discovered Twitter, a social network that asks "What are you doing?" The cool thing is, in the Ed Tech world you can create a network of people who are there to help you, and give you support and suggestions at a moments notice.

Looking for a resource? Just send out a tweet and someone will know the answer. Dealing with technology resistance? My twitter network reminds me that there are people in the world who are as passionate about this stuff as I am. I write a blog post every Tuesday called "Two for Tuesday" where I share two interesting technology links - this week my links are all thanks to my Twitter network. (Thanks Twitter network).

Recently, I increased the number of people I'm following from 70 to 170. I've discovered that more is actually better in Twitter, it increases the odds of someone being there for you. I also downloaded Snitter an application that pops up to let me know about new tweets. You can follow me on twitter - look for lizbdavis, then check out the people I'm following and follow them too.

Kevin Honeycutt is creating a Vodcast that answers the question "What is Twitter good for?" You can follow him on Twitter too.

Are you using Twitter? What do you like about it? Still confused? Ask your questions here.

Tags: social-networking, twitter

Views: 376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am also following you Eduardo. I'm still making my first steps with twitter but I'm sure we'll be able to learn from each other.
Sabrina
I just tried following you and couldn't find you :-( Will try in twhirl later, usually does better than the web.
Hello! I do love using Twitter! I've just started using it to follow other teachers (I had just been using it for fun). I downloaded both Snitter and Twhirl, but can't get either to work. I'm guessing it's something I'm doing, but I can't figure it out. Have you had any trouble with Snitter? It's just not acknowledging my existence, which I find so rude! I'm pretty sure I exist...at least, most days.

Any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions?

Thanks!
Karen
Has worked OK for me when I am not blocked. Did you download Adobe Air as well?
Yes, I have Adobe Air. I got an email from the Twhirl dude with a technical explanation of why it won't work for me. So I'll try something else. Thanks!
I have heard that Adobe Air has a memory leak that causes it to use up more and more memory the longer it runs. It's a beta version, so that's not uncommon, but still, it's something that I'm not quite comfortable using yet.
I have heard the same thing (via Twitter, actually!) so I'm going to hold off on loading it on my new computer..........loved twhirl, though.

Snitter and Twhirl did not work for me either .. then I read that you have to be sure that you download the correct version of Adobe Air ... some of these applications only work with Adobe Air 2 and other with Adobe Air 3 ... and to further complicate things if the one that you don't need is installed and you install the correct version without first deinstalling the incorrect version you will have problems. I will not use Adobe Air products until things seem a little more stable. I use TwitBox and I like that it grabs all the tweeted URLs and puts them in a separate area for retrieval. There are some things that I don't like as well that Iam sure will be resolved in upcoming released.
Thanks for giving such a great explanation of TwitBox. I'll be trying it out tonight!
I've had some troubles with Snitter, but I'm finding Twhirl works pretty well. What OS are you using? I find I have to re-login every time when I use Vista, but not when I'm on a Mac.
I use MadTwitter for PC as my desktop Twitter Windows app
It works fine.
Thanks! I'll try that one too!

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service