Please this discussion is a focused thread for District 146 teachers only. We are focusing upon Cognitive Coaching!

After reviewing the research document on Effective Group Management and reflecting on your practice, what & how are you becoming more aware? What do you want to be more mindful of as you plan your instruction?

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From reading the packet, I rellize that the less time they have to misbehave the less bad behavior you will have to deal with and ffective classroom management is the key. Differention of instruction is important to teaching because you hopefully will include all in the learning process.
Ok, I finally figured out how to reply to this blog. I apologize for my response being late, I could not get into it the way that I usually do. In regards to the packet, I thought there was a lot of useful information for classroom teachers. I am becoming a lot more aware of variety. I teach first grade, and it is very important to make the day interesting and use variety, otherwise the students tend to get bored immediately. Lately I have been changing activities around in our day so that the students do not lose interest. I want to become more mindful of my transitions. I know that they could use some work, and I would like to talk with other teachers or possibly even be able to observe them and see what they do for transitions.
Sorry... I had some major malfunction with classroom 2.0... I have figured it out...please pardon my tardiness...

After reviewing the document on Effective Group management, I learned a great deal about giving more complete and effective instructions. At times I recall giving instructions, then interjecting something I forgot to tell the class. I realize now how this was ineffective. I also learned a lot about withitness and being able to effectively manage more than one activity going in the classroom/media center. Over all this article was great "food for thought, " and an excellent reminder about best practices for management.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service